VISIT GUIDELINES for Program Providers or Partner Universities
Welcome to UCI!
UCI’s Study Abroad Center is the main contact for UCI students interested in opportunities abroad such as the UC Education Abroad Program (EAP), UC Summer Abroad, and the International Opportunities Program (IOP Study & IOP Non-Study).
If you are from an UCEAP partner institution abroad, you should contact the Study Abroad Center for details on how to plan your visit.
If you represent an institution, program or organization that is not part of UCEAP, read below for details on how to promote your international program(s).
GUIDELINES FOR PROVIDERS:
- It is very important that providers do not directly contact faculty members, either for meetings or classroom visits. All contacts with UCI faculty regarding programs abroad must first go through the Study Abroad Center.
- If your organization is new to UCI and you want to meet with a Study Abroad Center staff member to introduce your program, email your request to email@example.com
- If you would like to set up an information table on our campus ($25.00 per booking), please follow these instructions:
- Email the Study Abroad Center at least one month in advance of your intended visit(s). Requests made less than a month in advance cannot be guaranteed and requests made 10 days or less prior to an event will be charged an additonal $25.00 booking fee.
- In the email specify the date(s) in which you are interested in tabling. We will then arrange an outdoor information table for you on Ring Road (the most highly traveled area of UCI) anytime between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. We strongly suggest planning your visit on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to take advantage of student presence.
- Once you receive confirmation from us that your dates and times can be accommodated, you can make your travel arrangements.
Directions to the Study Abroad Center
UCI Visitor Information (includes campus maps, freeway directions, parking information, airport information, transportation information, hotel information, and more)
- Please notify the Study Abroad Center immediately if you need to change or cancel your Provider Visit: firstname.lastname@example.org Any changes/cancellations made less than 10 days prior to your event are liable for a $25.00 late change/cancellation fee.
- After your visit, we would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know about any UCI students that apply to and/or participate in your programs. You can send this information to us via e-mail, phone, or regular mail – whichever is most convenient for you.
What we will do for you:
- Once we hear from you, we will confirm that the dates and times you are interested in can be accommodated.
- Most of the time we can provide you with a table and chairs if you don’t bring your own. Please let us know which of these you will need. If our equipment is being used for other purposes on the day you visit we can help you rent equipment. Please contact us for pricing.
- Please Note: Unfortunately, due to limited staffing caused by budget reductions, we can no longer arrange information sessions or post flyers on your behalf.
Go Abroad Fair
Institutions and programs that sponsor study, work, internship, volunteer, research and/or teaching experiences abroad and would like to be part of the UCI Go Abroad Fair and/or the complete annual circuit of October California Study Abroad Fairs, should visit this link for further information and instructions.
Don't hesitate to ask us for other suggestions on how we can help make your visit a success.
ONCE AGAIN…WELCOME TO UCI !!!
At UCI, non-UC experiences abroad are considered part of the International
. Information regarding international opportunities does
not constitute an endorsement by UCI or the Study Abroad Center.
UCI and the Study Abroad Center are not agents for these programs,
do not guarantee their quality or that any academic credits earned may be transferred
to UCI or any other institution. This listing is provided for your information