Home : Prospective Participants : Participants : Returnees : Reciprocity Students : Faculty
& Staff
: Contacts : The World at UCI

Prospective Participants

Program Options

Important Information

International Students (F visa or J visa holders):

1. How studying abroad will affect your status at UCI:

  • All International Students participating on any program abroad and returning to UCI will need to get a Travel Signature from the International Center.
  • International Students considering any of the below study abroad options must make an appointment at the International Center.  Do this before committing to a study abroad program.
    • Participating on IOP during the academic year.
    • Participating on any program abroad your final quarter as a UCI student.
    • Participating on IOP after graduating and planning to do Optional Practical Training (OPT)

2. Your eligibility to study abroad:

  • Once you choose a specific study abroad program you are advised to ask the program if you are eligible based on your citizenship and U.S. visa status.  If you choose a UCEAP program, contact the Program Advisor for your chosen program.  All others (e.g. IOP or UC Summer) inquire with the program’s contact.

    You may want to use this sample inquiry: 
    I am an International Student at UC Irvine with a F1 visa [or J1 visa].  My passport is from [your country].  Am I eligible to apply for [program name]?

Study Abroad Center
University of California, Irvine • Irvine, CA 92697
© 2011 The Regents of the University of California.
All Rights Reserved.

Comments & Questions : Privacy & Legal Notice : Copyright Inquiries