UCI Independent International Activities
UCI graduate and undergraduate students conducting UCI department-sponsored international activities (research, conference, internship, etc.) are required to complete a risk assessment and register their travel for their Independent International Activity. This process is distinct from applying to study abroad with UCEAP, other UC Programs, and Independent Programs operated by non-UCI third-party providers.
To begin your risk assessment, follow these steps to have your activity reviewed by UCI:
- Login in to the UCIAbroad portal using your UCInetID.
- Complete a profile if you haven’t yet – for Affiliation, click on “UCI Independent International Activity Participant”
- Once logged in, click on “Apply Here” on the top bar.
- Find the program “International Independent Activity” (best if you put the full program name in the keyword search)
- Select the correct term you are traveling for your Independent Activities and complete the application. Don’t forget to press the “Submit” button to complete your submission.
- Email Mark Beirn (he/him), Global Risk Manager, to confirm your submission and schedule a pre-departure orientation meeting.