Independent International Activities – Before You Go
UCI graduate and undergraduate students conducting UCI department-sponsored international activities (research, conference, internship, etc.) are considered participating of an Independent International Activity. This is distinct from UCEAP, Other UC Programs and Independent Programs.
Please follow these steps to have your activity reviewed and approved by UCI:
- Login in to UCIAbroad using your UCInetID.
- Complete a profile if you haven’t yet – for Affiliation, click on “UCI Independent International Activity Participant”
- Once logged in, click on “Apply Here” on the top bar.
- Find the program “International Independent Activities” (best if you put the full program name in the keyword search)
- Select the correct term you are traveling for your Independent Activities and complete the application.