Emergency Abroad Information
- If you currently are experiencing an emergency while abroad, contact local emergency services to address your immediate health or safety needs.
- If you are unable to secure immediate local assistance, the following contacts are available:
- UCEAP Participants: UCEAP EMERGENCY NUMBER +1 (805) 893-4762
- All other UCI Students Abroad:
- UCI POLICE 24-HOUR DISPATCH NUMBER: +1 (949) 824-5223
- UC Travel Insurance 24/7 Emergency Chubb-AXA Global Travel Assistance:
- Please Note: As of June 1, 2022, UC Travel Insurance is no longer affiliated with United Healthcare Global. If you have a UC Travel Insurance Card with UCHG contact details, please discard that card and register your travel with UC Away to receive an updated card with Chubb-AXA Global Travel Assistance contact information listed above.
- What to expect from UCI in case of an emergency affecting the region (or nearby regions) you are in:
- You will be contacted for a Welfare Check-in
- This may come from your program leader, a UCI staff member, a UC Travel Insurance Travel Assistance staff member, etc.
- This may come by phone, email, text, or various social media channels.
- Please respond promptly to all Welfare Check-ins, even if only to confirm that you are not in a particular area.
- Be sure to respond to and follow all instructions you are given regarding keeping you and your peers safe. The instructions will be provided to you as a coordinated effort among your program leader, UCI staff, UC Travel Insurance staff, the local U.S. embassy or consulate, etc.
Health & Safety Abroad
Safety is always a primary concern for students and their families. Visit the UCI Study Abroad Center Health & Safety page for more resources.