PRIOR TO APPLYING
- Business Administration Majors:
- You are required to meet with an Academic Counselor in Business Admin prior to applying. Students interested in fulfilling degree requirements must submit a course substitution petition for courses they would like to use for your major. The petition must be turned into The Paul Merage School of Business Undergraduate Counseling/Student Affairs office no later than Friday of 3rd week at 5 p.m. of any quarter.
- Management Minors:
- You may meet with an Academic Counselor prior to applying. After selection, you are required to submit a course substitution petition to the Paul Merage School of Business Undergraduate Counseling/Student Affairs office no later than Friday of 6th week of any quarter by 5:00 p.m. A maximum of two UCEAP courses can substitute for requirements, with Paul Merage School of Business faculty approval.
- Full time MBA Students:
- You are required to contact Assistant Director Sofia Dang in the Paul Merage School of Business.
UCI Programs & Other UC Programs:
- Meet with an Academic Counselor in the School of your major to determine the process to follow if you would like courses to fulfill UCI degree requirements.
- Once you have chosen your Independent Program and submitted your Pre-Application to the UCI Study Abroad Center, you will then receive instructions on the process for fulfilling UCI degree requirements and receiving credit.
If the courses you originally discussed with your Academic Counselor change, email an Academic Counselor to ask if other courses are likely to count toward degree requirements – attach course descriptions/syllabi.
Once your units are posted on your transcript, you may schedule an appointment with an Academic Counselor. You may have a petitioning process to follow in order to have the courses fulfill specific degree requirements. Be sure to save course syllabi, projects, assignments, papers and portfolios since it may be required in the petition process.
For students going abroad their senior year, usually you need to be certified for graduation at least one quarter after your return due to the time it takes for units to be posted to your UCI transcript. Please keep this in mind when applying for graduation.