Transfer Students Study Abroad

Many transfer students think study abroad opportunities are not available to them, but they are!
Whatever your class level, GPA, age or marital status, there is a study abroad program for you.

To be eligible for UCEAP, UCI students must:

  • meet the designated GPA requirement at the time of application. If you do not yet have a GPA due being a new transfer, your transfer GPA will be used until you establish a UC GPA.
  • meet any designated class level requirements
  • meet any designated language requirements
  • receive support of UCI UCEAP

As a UCI UCEAP student you can:

  • earn UCI credit
  • maintain eligibility for financial aid
  • take courses to fulfill language requirements or for personal interest
  • take courses in your major, minor, or breadth

UC will only accept 70 semester (105 quarter) units of credit for lowerdivision coursework completed at any non-UC schools.

Check the links to your UCI School for ideas of how to maximize credit toward your degree while on UCEAP.