Unfortunately, our Returnee Seminar course will not be offered in Fall 2020. Please check back next quarter for more information and information on how to enroll.
This course which is exclusively for study abroad returnees will help you to reflect on your study abroad experience in a meaningful way. It will also provide the skills for you to be able to market your study abroad experience for graduate schools or jobs that you may be applying to as well as allows an experience to exchange stories and bond with other study abroad returnees. Most importantly, this course allows you the opportunity to continue your international learning even once you are back on campus.
The course instructor for this course will be posted at a later date.
Past students say:
- To be able to apply study abroad experiences to the professional world definitely requires practice and I’m glad I took this class to help me prepare for how to use my experiences to potentially get me a job.
- Learning how to transfer skills from studying abroad to professional life was the most helpful. Instructor comments on my reflections helped me see things about my experiences that I couldn’t really see myself.
- The readings and activities from the class were extremely informative and useful in order to think deeply about my abroad experience.
- The discussions and the opportunity to hear from others what their experience was like helped me to figure out how I grew as a person as well as a global citizen.
- This class was a fun way to continue to enjoy and share your study abroad experience even though it is over.