On-Campus Housing for Undergraduate Students Under 25 Years of Age Arriving in Fall Quarter
Undergraduate EAP Reciprocity students who are 25 years of age or younger apply for on-campus housing at UC Irvine as “New Transfer” students. Students that apply for housing prior to June 1st will be asked to rank five housing options on the online application: Vista del Campo Apartments, Vista del Campo Norte Apartments, Camino del Sol Apartments, Puerta del Sol Apartments, and Arroyo Vista Theme Houses. Students that apply after June 1st will only see Arroyo Vista as a housing option on the online housing application and will be placed on the wait list for that community only. After June 1st, students interested in Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, or Puerta del Sol will need to contact those communities directly and housing is not guaranteed.
*******Map of UCI and nearby Off Campus Housing*******
Arroyo Vista Theme Houses are themed “group living” facilities that are UCI Student Housing owned and managed.Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol are privately owned and managed apartment communities on the UC Irvine campus, offering furnished apartments to single students.
Please note that the contract term for Arroyo Vista is for the academic year (September – June) and the lease term for Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol is 12 months (August – August or September – September). If you do not plan to be here for a full 12 month period, you may want to select Arroyo Vista as your preferred community.
For the Arroyo Vista option, you will be asked to select three theme house preferences within the community. Go to http://www.housing.uci.edu/housingOptions/Arroyo_Vista.html for theme house descriptions.
Here are the steps for applying for on-campus housing. Remember that you are considered a Transfer Student for housing purposes.
The housing contract for Arroyo Vista and the lease agreement for Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol covers the entire academic year (fall, winter, and spring quarters).These contract/lease agreements cannot be broken. Students studying at UCI for only one or two quarters are not eligible to apply for these on-campus housing options. UCI guarantees on-campus housing to all incoming students who are single, under the age of 25, who will be staying for the full academic year, and who meet the housing application deadline of JUNE 1st and their contract or lease-submission deadline.
If you are assigned to Arroyo Vista, you will move in the weekend before week 0 (exact dates and times will be sent to you via email). If you are assigned to Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol , move-in is according to the lease term offered by the community (lease terms are from August to August or September to September)
- The on-line housing application guarantee deadline is JUNE 1st and it is VERY strict! Applications must be submitted online by 11:59 pm PT on June 1st in order to receive guaranteed housing. Applications received after June 1st will be placed on a wait list, therefore, it is CRITICAL that you meet the deadline! If you miss the deadline, return your application as soon as possible, but be prepared to look for off-campus housing on your own.
- You should complete the housing application on-line via https://my.housing.uci.edu/. In order to login, you will need to know your Application ID number (located in your UC Central Processor application acknowledgement letter) and your Student ID number (located in your acceptance letter). If you cannot locate your Student ID#, you can obtain it through this web site. If you cannot locate your Application ID# and cannot call the phone number on the web site, contact the Study Abroad Center and we will obtain it for you.
- Your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) was submitted automatically when you were admitted to UCI and you do not have to submit it yourself. If the system requires you to submit your SIR when completing your on-line housing application, please contact the Study Abroad Center and we can assist you with this.
- You MUST submit the $20 Housing application processing fee which can be paid online with a credit card. Alternatively, you may also make this payment by printing a payment coupon and mailing it with an international money order in US Dollars payable to “UC Regents.”
- Successful applicants will receive an e-mail over the summer regarding the housing option being offered. If offered a space in Arroyo Vista , the email will contain a link to the on-line housing contract. If offered a space in Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol, you will be notified to expect additional information to be sent directly from either of those communities regarding the lease submission process. Check your e-mail every day, even if you are traveling or on school break. If offered Arroyo Vista, you MUST submit the contract electronically, with the $350 reservation fee, by the specified deadline. There is a QUICK turn-around time to submit the contract (typically 2 weeks). If you miss your contract deadline (or don’t submit the reservation fee), your contract will no longer be valid, and your space will be given to another student. If offered Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol, you must follow all instructions given by those communities regarding lease submission and payment of security deposit.You MUST observe ALL deadlines set forth by Student Housing. If you have any questions regarding the reservation fee, please contact Student Housing before you make the payment.
**FAILURE TO DO ANY ONE OF THESE THINGS WILL RESULT IN YOU NOT OBTAINING ON-CAMPUS HOUSING**