On-Campus Housing for Undergraduate Students Under 25 Years of Age Arriving in Winter Quarter 2017
Undergraduate EAP Reciprocity students who are 25 years of age or younger apply for on-campus housing at UC Irvine as “New Transfer” students. When completing the online housing application, students will only see Arroyo Vista as an option and will be placed on the wait list for that community only. Students interested in the Vista del Campo Apartments, Vista del Campo Norte Apartments*, Camino del Sol Apartments*, or Puerta del Sol Apartments must contact those communities directly and housing is not guaranteed. Transfer students are mostly housed in the four apartment communities.
*******Map of UCI and nearby Off Campus Housing*******
Arroyo Vista Theme Houses are themed “group living” facilities that are UCI Student Housing owned and managed. Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol are privately owned and managed apartment communities on the UC Irvine campus, offering furnished apartments to single students.
On-campus housing contracts last through the academic year (i.e. until the end of spring quarter) and cannot be broken. This means that:
- Students planning to attend UCI for winter quarter only cannot apply for on-campus housing. Refer to the Off-Campus Housing section.
- Students planning to attend winter and spring quarter may apply for on-campus housing.
- Students planning to attend winter, spring and fall quarter, can apply for on-campus housing for the first two quarters but will need to find housing off-campusfor fall quarter.
- Since you are arriving to UCI in the middle of the academic year, on-campus housing is offered on a space available basis only – it is not guaranteed. It is CRITICAL that you apply for on-campus housing as SOON as possible after you have been accepted to UCI, so that your name can be added to the winter wait list. You should also be prepared to look for off-campus housing. Note that you will not be able to apply for on-campus housing until you have been officially accepted to UCI.
- You should complete the housing application on-line viahttps://my.housing.uci.edu/. In order to login, you will need to know your Application ID number (located in your UC Central Processor application acknowledgement letter) and your Student ID number (located in your acceptance letter). If you cannot locate your Application ID# and cannot call the phone number on the web site, contact the Study Abroad Center and we will obtain it for you.
- Your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) was submitted automatically when you were admitted to UCI and you do not have to submit it yourself. If the system requires you to submit your SIR when completing your on-line housing application, please contact the Study Abroad Center and we can assist you with this.
- You MUST submit the $20 Housing application processing fee which can be paid online with a credit card. Alternatively, you may also make this payment by printing a payment coupon and mailing it with an international money order in US Dollars payable to “UC Regents.”
- Successful applicants will receive an email with a link regarding the housing option being offered. If offered a space in Arroyo Vista, the email will contain a link to the on-line housing contract. If offered a space in Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol, you will be notified to expect additional information to be sent directly from either of those communities regarding the lease submission process. Check your e-mail every day, even if you are traveling or on school break. If offered Arroyo Vista, you MUST submit the contract electronically, with the Reservation Fee (ranging from $350-359 US), by the specified deadline. There is a QUICK turn-around time to submit the contract (typically 2 weeks). If you miss your contract deadline (or don’t include the Reservation Fee), your contract will no longer be valid, and your space will be given to another student. If offered Vista del Campo, Vista del Campo Norte, Camino del Sol, and Puerta del Sol, you must follow all instructions given by those communities regarding lease submission and payment of the security deposit. You MUST observe ALL deadlines set forth by the Student Housing Office. Move-in dates are arranged with the assignments staff, which is usually a day or two before classes begin. Please note that all University offices will be closed from December 25, 2017 through January 2, 2018 for the Winter Break.
**FAILURE TO DO ANY ONE OF THESE THINGS WILL RESULT IN YOU NOT OBTAINING ON-CAMPUS HOUSING**