Study Abroad in Your Major HomeHow to Get CreditEAP Program SearchDegree Requirements
How to Apply

Study Abroad for Foreign Languages


Why study language abroad?

"For Spanish majors, spending at least one semester in a Spanish-speaking country is an absolute must. Judging from my own experience -my family and I spent 1987-1988 with EAP in Barcelona,- I cannot stress enough the usefulness of "living" the language and culture on a daily basis. 

"Living" the language is very different from the normal five-hours-per-week exposure to Spanish in a university classroom. My family's stay in Spain truly opened my mind to diverse points of view.  There is nothing more exciting than following in the steps of world-class writers like Cervantes or Unamuno! 

Studying on EAP is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity -- don't miss it!"

-- Juergen Kempff
UCI Professor of Spanish


Check out UCEAP Programs that offer beginning and intermediate language courses

- Residence Requirement for Language Minors: At least 4 upper-division courses required for the minor must be completed successfully at UCI. By petition, 2 of the 4 may be taken through the UCEAP Programs, providing course content is approved in advance by the appropriate department chair.

- Majors & minors can fulfill lower and upper division requirements abroad.

Check out all UCEAP language options

UCIrvine HomepageCenter for Int'l Education Home Prospective StudentsFAQ CIEContact Us

(c) 2011 University of California, Irvine
Study Abroad Center