Information for Providers and Partner Universities:
Thank you for your interest in sharing your programs with UC Irvine. UCI’s Study Abroad Center is the main contact for UCI students interested in opportunities abroad. See Program Options for a quick overview of the various opportunities available for UCI students.
If you are from an UCEAP partner institution abroad, you should contact us for details on how to plan your visit.
If you represent an institution, program or organization that is not part of UCEAP, read below for details on how to promote your international programs.
Guidelines For Providers:
- We hope you can help us reach our goal of sending 20% of UCI students abroad prior to their graduation by 2020! When visiting our campus or connecting with our students, be sure to highlight the below as UC Irvine students often choose programs that offer:
- locations or opportunites beyond UCEAP with potentially less stringent eligibility requirements (GPA, class level, etc.)
- program costs comparable to UC with the opportunity to receive grants & scholarships
- experiential learning and/or a community/cohort feeling
- shorter time frames (summer, quarter or semester)
- If you would like UCI students to become familiar with your programs, we suggest the following:
- Register to attend our annual fall Go Abroad Fair.
- Host an info booth on Ring Mall anytime throughout the year!
- Contact our Student Center & Event Services liaison, Sarah Prom, to arrange an information table in the Student Center Ring. We recommend submitting your request at least 10 days prior to your visit. The cost to book is $70.00 (includes space rental, table, & chair for as many dates you’d like during a given month).
- Make sure your organization is listed on popular search engines
- Due to staffing limitations at this time, UC Irvine’s Study Abroad Center is not:
- accepting new affiliations or requests to establish partnerships
(i.e. development or implementation of custom design or faculty-led programs)
- able to accommodate or arrange meetings between Independent Programs Providers and our staff and/or other faculty and staff on campus
- able to arrange information sessions and/or tables on your behalf
However, if your organization has worked with UCI’s Study Abroad Center in the past and has undergone significant changes that impact how we might advise our students, please let us know by contacting the appropriate regional staff advisor(s).
We appreciate your patience and understanding and look forward to sending our students on your program! To ensure UCI students are connected to UCI resources such as credit, financial aid, and more while on your program, be sure to have all of your UCI applicants visit our office to instructions regarding their pre-departure process.